“I think ‘System Thinking’ is the key for the success of any collaboration. Inclusiveness offers mutual opportunities for each of the stakeholder. Engaging – 1. Governments 2. Innovators 3. Risk Capital 4. Communities with 5. Academia & 6. Industry is crucial for the success of Innovation through Collaboration.” – Mr. Sunil Khandbahale
Indeed, It was honor to share discussion panel with Sudhir Mutalik @Vandana Sonwaney @Joydeep Mukherjee and Keshav Nandurkar at N.D.M.V.P.Samajs Nashik Engineering College,Shivajinagar, Gangapur Road, Nashik 422013 Conference of Manufacturing Conclave organized by #CII
Mr. Sunil Khandbahale proposed below points, while creating the road-map for strengthening the Industry–Academiacollaboration towards innovation.
– Create Research Park e.g. Applied Material & IIT Mumbai collaboration.
– Create an IP creation and commercialization cell
– Keep up-to-date with the emerging technology landscape
– Publish regular newsletters as a external communication gateway
– Actively engage with leading innovation experts from diverse industry
– Offer innovation incentives and grants to researchers
– Encourage trans-disciplinary collaborations among students and faculties.
– Provide opportunities to talent in academia to work alongside industry
– Actively participate in research parks set up
– Offer joint training programs or certification at academic campus
– Fund academic research
– tap into the patent portfolio.
Academia + Industry (Mutually);
– Establish clear values and guiding principles
– Be impractical at the idea generation phase
– Encourage tolerance for the failures
– Create venture funding
– Build a dynamic team at both sides to work together